Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
The following are some of the programs administered by the Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services. To obtain a complete listing of all programs offered, call 402-471-3121.
- Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver, food and financial assistance eligibility.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – advocates for those living in a long-term care facility.
- Developmental Disability Services – service coordination for adults 19 years of age or older with disabilities.
- Social Services Block Grant Program – assistance for persons who are aged 60 and older or disabled so they may remain in their own home or in other safe surroundings as long as possible.
- Adult Protective Services (APS) – investigates and helps remedy abusive situations.
You can anonymously report elder abuse to Adult Protective Services at 800-652-1999.
National Institute on Aging (NIA)
(research on aging and the health & well-being of aging adults)