Thank you to our sponsors
Independent Living/Retirement Communities
Independent living/retirement communities offer individuals the opportunity to live with people of similar age in an independent lifestyle. They offer amenities such as prepared meals, shopping, transportation to scheduled appointments and planned activities.
When you begin your search for a new residence in a retirement community, apartment or condominium complex, we suggest you look for and consider asking some of the following questions in order to select the right place for you.
- What are the financial arrangements? Is there a buy-in requirement? Is this money returned if you move?
- What types of activities are available?
- Are there additional monthly fees such as parking, laundry, maid services, etc.?
- How much is the “additional person” fee? This fee is for a second person living in the apartment.
- Is there a meal plan, and if so, what does it entail? We suggest eating a meal at the facility to assess the quality and variety of the food.
- What are the age requirements?
- What health issues would require you to move from the facility?
- If needed, will you be allowed to have home health care? Are you able to choose your home health service?
- Are pets allowed?
- Will they have a garage for your car? What is the fee?
Talking to current residents about what they like and dislike about the complex may help in your decision.
Cotner Center Condominiums
1540 N. Cotner Boulevard
Lincoln, NE 68505
225 N. 56th Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
(Independent, Assisted & Skilled)
730 Larkspur Drive
Hickman, NE 68372
(Independent & Assisted)
North Gate Garden Estates
2425 Folkways Boulevard
Lincoln, NE 68521
1130 ‘H’ Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
3900 Pine Lake Road
Lincoln, NE 68516
Van Dorn Villa
3001 S. 51st Street
Lincoln, NE 68506