Thank you to our Sponsors
Assisted Living Communities
Assisted living communities offer single or double occupancy apartments allowing residents a continued independent lifestyle with their own furniture and belongings. These communities offer 24-hour staffing with a nurse on duty during specified hours to supervise and monitor care plans. Programs are in place to administer medications and to provide housekeeping, laundry service and assist with bathing and dressing. They offer three meals a day, planned activities and transportation for scheduled appointments and outings.
When you begin your search for a new residence in an assisted living community, we suggest you consider asking some of the following questions in order to select the right place for you.
- What are the varying levels of care and the charges associated with those levels? If needed, do they assist with bathing, dressing, incontinence care, etc.?
- What cares are they able to assist with and what are common reasons that will require moving to a skilled nursing facility? For example, are they able to provide two person assisted transfers?
- Will you be required to go to the dining room for three meals a day? Can meals be delivered to your room when you are ill? We suggest eating a meal at the community to assess the quality and variety of the food.
- Ask to see their activity schedule. Do they offer things you like to do? Do they offer physical activities to help keep you in shape?
- Is the community in a convenient location for you? Will you be near the things that are important to you?
- Do they offer religious services of your denomination?
- Do they allow you to bring your pet?
Talking to current residents about what they like and dislike about the community may also help in your decision.
225 N. 56th Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
(Independent, Assisted & Skilled)
730 Larkspur Drive
Hickman, NE 68372
(Independent & Assisted)
2445 ‘R’ Street
Lincoln, NE 68503
3110 S. 48th Street
Lincoln, NE 68506